Archive2016  2015  2014 
November  September 
Quesnel office / Home buyers Air Quality Do I Really Need a Home Inspection? Bathroom Renovation Windows, and Doors Water Systems and Wells Septic Systems Flood Plains Chilliwack and the Upper Fraser Valley Merry Christmas - Happy Hanukkah - Season's Greatings Service Area ASTTBC PI Standard of Inspection Pre-Inspected Listing / The Future of Real Estate? Trust up lift In Search of the Perfect House. Lot grading and retaining walls. Heating and Ventillation Heat Lost Drainage and Foundations Safety and Insurance Building Science Building Envelope Mold Building StandardsAugust 
By Marc Lize on 2014-09-04
Heat Lost is a result of many factors:
- An air barrier that is poorly installed and/or ineffective.
- The lack of insulation in the attic, walls and foundation walls.
- Singles glaze windows provide zero R-value and contribute to heat lost in a major way.
- Windows with metal frames that are not thermally broken. Like aluminum.
- Double pane windows with the lost of it's argon gas due to a failure of the seal.
- Wet foundations.
- The lack of weather stripping at openings such as doors.
- Poor insulated floor above the car garage.
- Poor insulated floor above a crawl space.
- Damage to the building envelope.